V-Ray License Server - Online Licensing Not Working
When accessing the V-Ray Online License Server (OLS) at http://localhost:30304/
, you will see an orange light next to 'Online Licensing' if it isn't working correctly.
To fix this, first check that the computer you are using is connected to the internet, and there are no firewalls blocking port 30304.
If you have used proxy settings, you can also reset these to their defaults by going to Settings > Reset to Defaults using the menu button at the top right of the OLS.
If online licensing is still not working, a clean install usually fixes the issue. To do this:
- Navigate to Applications --> ChaosGroup --> VRLService --> OLS --> uninstall. Doubleclick the Uninstall icon and enter your mac's password (if required) and follow the instructions of the uninstall wizard.
- When the uninstall of the license server is complete, click on Finder again then on the menu at the top of the screen select Go --> Go to Folder. A popup window will appear. Type /Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/.ChaosGroup and press the Go button.
- Right click on the .ChaosGroup folder and select Move to Trash
- Download the latest license server: https://download.chaosgroup.com/?platform=47&product=48
- Ensure you install following these instructions: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/LIC5/Installing+the+License+Server
- When the installation is finished open in your web browser "localhost:30304" and click on Enable Online licensing then login with your username. After that you should see your licenses listed on the page and be able to use V-Ray.
- First stop the Chaos license service. Click on Windows start button and type 'Stop Chaos License Server', a shortcut will show up, click on it.
- Open Windows file explorer and type %appdata% in the address bar. Press enter.
- Find the 'Chaos' folder. Double-click to see the 'VRLService' folder. Inside here, find and delete the folder called 'ssl'.
- After the deletion of the ssl folder you will need to start the Chaos license server. Click on the Windows start button, type Start Chaos License Server and press enter.
- When finished, open in your web browser "localhost:30304" and click on Enable Online licensing then login with your username. After that you should see your licenses listed on the page and be able to use V-Ray.
Failed to checkout V-Ray GUI license
This is a common V-Ray error that is usually simple to resolve. What does it mean? V-Ray is not able to connect to the Chaos License Server to verify your details. If your software cannot find a valid licence, it will not let you render. What should ...
Install the Standalone V-Ray License Server
If you're having trouble getting the V-Ray license server to run, it's worth installing the standalone license server. This is particularly relevant for Mac users. Log in to your Chaos account, go to: Downloads > License Server, select the ...
Set Up V-Ray as a Floating License on Your Network
How it Works The principle is the same as a normal V-Ray installation but when V-Ray looks for a license, it must look for a machine on the network with a designated IP address Standard Installation PC/Mac <=> V-Ray License Server Software <=> ...
Install V-Ray for SketchUp / Rhino - Electronic License
Please note: This helpdesk article is now outdated. For the latest advice, please visit our knowledgebase. All versions of V-Ray can now be licensed electronically (not including upgrades). In this quick how-to, we show the process of installing ...
V-Ray - "Could not obtain a license (-98)"
Problem: The ActiveShade window displays a message "error: Could not obtain a license (-98)". Cause: This error means that, while V-Ray RT successfully connected to the V-Ray license server, there are no licenses for V-Ray RT on it: You may be using ...