All registered ZBrush users are eligible for a free upgrade to ZBrush 2021, and all registered ZBrushCore users are eligible for a free upgrade to ZBrushCore 2020.1.
Upgrading from ZBrush/ZBrushCore 2018 or Above (NOT Floating licenses)
- Disable your antivirus software. This includes Windows Defender. Failure to follow this step will often result in a corrupted installer that fails partway through installation.
- Go to 'My Licenses' and log in **
- Click the button to Download ZBrush 2021. (You DO NOT need to upgrade your licence. ZBrush 2021 will use your existing licence key.)
- Choose your region and platform to download.
NOTE: The download button on 'My Licenses' does not expire and allows up to 5 download attempts every 24 hours.
It is no longer necessary to keep a backup copy of your installer. Simply go back to 'My Licenses' whenever you wish to install the most current version of ZBrush.
NOTE: For macOS users, if you receive a message that says "Install ZBrush 2021.app
can't be opened because Apple hasn't been able to check it for malicious software," go to your Mac Settings > Security & Privacy > General tab. There, you will see an option to "Open Anyway."
When you first launch ZBrush 2021 you may be prompted for activation (depending on whether this computer already has an activated copy of ZBrush 2018 or above). If so, it will ask for you to enter your Pixologic ID. This is the same information that you use to log in at 'My Licenses'. If ZBrush 2021 requires activation on a computer that already has 2018 or above installed, this activation will not deduct from your serial number; it will simply authorise ZBrush.
- In the browser window that opens, choose your ZBrush licence key and complete the activation.
- If you have the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge, run it and activate as well.
- Enable your antivirus software again.
- You can uninstall your earlier ZBrush version at any time. Don't deactivate it or ZBrush 2021 will also be deactivated.
, download the 2020.1.4 installer from 'My Licenses' as described above.
If 'My Licenses' only says "ZBrushCore" for your licence key and does not have a version number, then you have the original ZBrushCore release and must upgrade your licence.
Upgrading to ZBrush 2021 from ZBrushCore is not free. If you would like to upgrade, please contact us
If you would like to upgrade a floating licence you have purchased from us, please contact us