If you're finding Keyshot is regularly crashing on Windows, please try the steps below.
Update your graphics card driver.
To obtain the latest, visit the graphic card manufacturer's web page. Download and install the latest driver updated for your card model.
Set permissions into the KeyShot 5 resources folder.
1. Go to your Documents folder
2. Right-click the KeyShot 5 folder
3. Select "Properties"
4. Disable "Read only"
5. Go to the Security tab
6. Click the Edit button. Ensure that all users have read and write permissions
7. Click Apply and OK
8. Click Apply and OK once more.
Download Visual C++ and .NET
Please download Framework .Net and Visual C++ for your operating system.
Restart your system, then go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update and click "Check for Update". Then install all the updates available.
Turn off graphics effects
1. Open the Windows explorer and browse to your Documents folder
2. Find the KeyShot 5 folder and open it. Inside you will find keyshot5.xml
3. Right-click keyshot5.xml and select to Open with > Notepad
4. Go to Edit > Find
5. Type the following in the search bar: enable_gpu and click Next
6. In your document "enable_gpu" is highlighed. In the same line you will see the word "true". Erase "true" and substitute with "false" (Note: everything else on that line should remain as is)
7. Save your changes and close the file
8. Now go ahead open KeyShot.
How to Borrow a KeyShot Floating License for Offline Use
To check out a KeyShot Pro Floating license, your computer must be connected to the license server. To continue using KeyShot Pro Floating, the connection must be maintained at all times. If you want to work from a remote location and take KeyShot ...
Can I Transfer Vectorworks Between Mac and Windows?
If you work in an environment that requires Vectorworks to run on both Windows and Mac machines, one license per user is all you need, regardless of what computer you use. There is no need to buy a specific Mac or Windows version. When purchasing ...
Does KeyShot Make Use of My Graphics Card?
KeyShot's render engine uses your computer's processing power, the CPU, to deliver optimal performance. The render engine does not make use of your graphics card. Although the graphics card has no bearing on render speed, KeyShot still needs it in ...
Work Remotely: KeyShot
If you need to work from home, your options for KeyShot are: Transfer your serial code - You can deactivate your KeyShot licence and transfer it to your home computer. Transferring licences > Use a 30-day unrestricted trial - We can create a fully ...
Can I Transfer SketchUp Between Mac and Windows?
If you work in an environment that requires SketchUp to run on both Windows and Mac machines, one license per user is all you need, regardless of what computer you use. There is no need to buy a specific Mac or Windows version. With SketchUp, you now ...